Bibliography Sorting in Word

The Sorting of the EndNote Library is OK … for example: Agostini, S. J., then, Cernea, M., then, Chang, K., then, Cook, C. C. … But the reference list in my word document is not. The last reference is the one from Chang, K.

It seems that the reference list is sorting the authors using a Spanish Alphabet. How can I fix this problem?

thanks

Why do you think the “reference list is sorting the authors using a Spanish Alphabet”? And could you attach your output style file?

1 Like

English alphabet is like this>  A B C D E F G H …

here the sort is Chang and then Cook

Spanish alphabet is like this> A B C Ch D E F G H …

here the sort is C ook and then Ch ang

I am using the APA style

Best

Robert

@anaggiebob wrote:

Spanish alphabet is like this> A B C Ch D E F G H …

here the sort is C ook and then Ch ang

Sounds like your computer  system’s  language setting is set to “Spanish”  instead of English. If you change the setting back to English then the  Endnote  bibliography  should  sort correctly  (where Chang  appears  before  Cook).    [In Windows  go to the Control  Panel  and locate Region and Language;  or type  Language  into the search box.

Changing  the language setting  to English  may, however,  present  problems  if your document  is written in Spanish. In this event you might consider  doing the following : 1)   keep the language setting to Spanish  while working on your document  until it’s finalized;  2)   then make 2 duplicate  files of your final document;  3)  use one of the duplicate files  and convert it to a text format  to remove the Endnote  codes, then  delete  the bibliography;  4)  next, take the  2nd duplicate document file,  change  the language setting  back to English  and let  Endnote sort the  bibliography,   th convert the document to a text file to remove the  Endnote codes -copy the bibliography  and paste it  into the 1st  duplicate file.

It seems that the reference list is sorting the authors using a Spanish Alphabet.