Library sharing and reference IDs

Hi,

We have been sharing a single library between about 10 users for the past 6 months and have had some problems with Word documents which are being modified by multiple users.

I have realised that for each reference, the reference ID assigned in the desktop library is not the same as the reference ID which is assigned in each user’s copy of the shared library. Presumably therefore we should never unformat citations in a document anymore.

In the past we have had problems with changes to references in the library not being reflected in the bibliography in a Word document, e.g. if we updated a reference from an accepted e-publication to a full publication. To get around this we would unformat and reformat the citations. Perhaps it is now better to remove and reinsert the citation manually.

Alternatively, my understanding is that we could use page numbers instead of reference ID in the temporary citations field.

I would be grateful if anyone could let me know if the above is correct and if anyone else has the same problem/concerns.

Thanks

I`ve the same problem…