We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for beta testers for EndNote X7! Applications will be accepted for both Windows and Macintosh testers through March 10, 2013. We anticipate Windows testing to begin in the latter part of March, with Mac testing to begin in May.
Beta testing criteria:
A strong grasp of EndNote’s current functionality and features is essential. Testers must be comfortable installing and uninstalling software, making changes to the Windows registry or Mac preference files and understand how to obtain crash logs.
- Beta software can cause crashes, may not contain complete functionality, and cannot be used concurrently with a release version of EndNote. It is not intended for use on time critical projects.
- Prospective testers must have access to a computer running one of the supported operating systems and the proper permissions to install software. You can view system requirements by clicking here.
- Internet access and a valid e-mail account are required. All communication is handled via e-mail and bugs are reported using Issue Tracker, which is a web-based tool.
- Beta testers will be given specific testing tasks. They must be willing to test program functionality they might not use on a routine basis and will be required to fill out a testing survey at the end of each beta release.
- Beta testers will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which states in part that participants cannot discuss any information regarding the beta product in Thomson Reuters forums or elsewhere until the product release is publicly announced.
- Beta testers who complete the testing and reporting requirements for each released beta may be awarded a complimentary copy of the released version of EndNote.
If you are interested in applying to beta test EndNote X7, and meet the above criteria, please fill out the application by clicking here.
We will make our selections and notify all applicants of their status by March 15. The number of beta testers we can accept is limited, and we regret we cannot accommodate everyone who applies.
Thank you for your support of EndNote!
The Thomson Reuters EndNote Team