Sorting out relative links that are broken

The following file could not be opened. This may occur for a number of reasons including, but not limited to: the file is corrupt or the relative link was deleted.

File D:\endnote\0817\032112.Data\PDF\Delarue_stable cell line of t sv40 immortalized human glom-2539091456\Delarue_stable cell line of t sv40 immortalized human glomerular visceral epithelial cells_kidney international_1991.pdf

I don’t know what the problem is, but I think I played around with relative/ absolute link a bit and my usb drive alphabed is changed between my work and home computer…

It would be nice to get rid of all broken links to pdf if it is damaged- so that I know I need to attach again… 

1 Like

Hi - We’ve added a new tool to identify broken links with EndNote X6 for Mac (“Find Broken Links” from the Tools menu). This new tool will be availabe soon with the X6.0.1 update for Windows due out later this Fall.

If you’re using Mac, you can demo X6 to give it a try.

- Mathilda, the EndNote team

The update to EndNote X6 for Windows which contains the “Find Broken Links” tools is now available. For users with an individual license, the update can be applied by choosing the Help option from EndNote and selecting “EndNote Program Updates”.

Hi, is there a way to batch-remove all the broken links?