3 different formats of references in word

Hi There,

I’m in the final stages of writing my PhD thesis and Endnote as automaticall altered my referencing format. I’ve tried unformatting and reformatting the bibliography but to no avail. Out of almost 300 references only 77 now show at the bottom of my document. The format of the references in the text is as follows:

1. Superscript numbers - this is how I set it

2. Sentences plus a number e.g. This data shows that this did not work302,79,21 (I assume these are the record numbers)

3. {Smith, 2010 hash 213}

I am using Endnote X2 in Word for Mac 2008.

Any help would be gratefully received.I have no idea how to solve it or what caused it.

Chris

Just a few questions:

1. Done anything differently recently to your computer (e.g., upgraded the OS; relocated EndNote files)?

2. Are you running X2 or the version that includes a patch upgrading the program to X2.0.2? (To download the patch go to: http://www.endnote.com/support/ENX201_WinMac_updater.asp).

3. Have you tried copying sections of the disseration containing some (or all) fhe 233 “bad” references to a new document, save the document, then try unformatting and reformatting?  (If the problem persists, it might indicate the problem resides in the field codes; if not, it may suggest the problem was the MS Word file.)