Allow for different handling of repeat authors/editors for within and outside of same footnote

I have run into this problem:

If I repeat the same author within the same footnote, I am supposed to use “idem” for the “author” field. For example:

[25] Wolfhart Pannenberg, Toward a Theology of Nature: Essays on Science and Faith (ed. Ted Peters; Lousville, Ky.: Westminster John Knox, 1993); idem, Systematic Theology (trans. Geoffrey W. Bromiley; 3 vols.; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1991-1998); idem, Basic Questions in Theology: Collected Essays (trans. George H. Kelm; 2 vols.; Minneapolis: Fortress, 2007-2008).

[26] idem, Toward a Theology of Nature, 33.

But,as you see in [26] above, if I repeat the same author in the next, different footnote, then I want to have his last name as “author” field. Right now, I have to pick to have Endnote format the author field either way, causing me to have to go back and edit one of those fields differently now.

Solution: Can you give us an option so we can choose to handle repeat citations of the same author in a different way depending on if it is inside or outside the same footnote? Thanks!