Amazon.com

I would like to be able to import the bibliographic info from books on amazon.com into either my desktop EndNote or EndNote Web.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I did check the knowledge base and there was a post from 8/11/10, but it didn’t help.  I’ve got the “capture” and “cwyw” plug-ins for Firefox installed and have tried useing the capture plug-in, but that doesn’t work.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

Anything helpful on this page?  http://www.library.illinois.edu/biotech/EndNoteGoogleScholar.html

If you’re interested in gathering more detailed information regarding books, have you tried using EndNote’s connection file for the Library of Congress or other library-related connection files?  The connection files will allow searching and downloading from the library’s database into your EndNote library.

EndNote Web’s capture should be able to pull data from Amazon for books. Like most other sites, you click the capture button when you’re looking at the page for the book. Amazon is not a site where EndNote Web can capture a list of items.

If there are books that aren’t being captured correctly, please let me know either in this thread or via PM and the development team will take a look.

Thanks,

jen

The Firefox EndNote Web plug-in should allow you to capture reference information for books on Amazon.com. Once you have done a search for a book, double click on the icon for the books whose reference you wish to capture. In the middle of the page you should see the information about the book.

At this point click on the Capture icon. This should bring up a reference window showing the information that was captured, and you can choose whether to export to EndNote Web or to EndNote. Also make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of the plug-in. It should say EndNote Web 3.1.1.