Author Name Synonyms in EndNote

Hi,

I posted this (below the line of asterisks) in “How To” and was advised to post it in “Product Suggestions.” 

I would appreciate a reply from an EndNote representative.  Hopefully, a solution is being prepared for release in a future version of the product.

I’m a new EN7 user (running Windows 7). I have used Reference Manager for 10 years. Therefore, I’m used to handling author name synonyms in Reference Manager by simply identifying the various author name versions as synonyms (e.g., C. N. Henderson = Charles Nelson Henderson = C. N. R. Henderson = Charles Nelson Ross Henderson). I don’t see a similar function in the EndNote author Term List.

In another post, I read a recommendation to use “search and replace” to correct this issue. But, that doesn’t really correct the problem. When I import additional references for this author from the various online sites, I get records with the same variations. So, I have to do a search and replace all over again!

Is there an Endnote alternative? If not now, is there one in the works?  It seems that Thomson Reuters would come up with an EndNote solution, since they also make Reference Manager - which has a very workable solution.

I look forward to a reply,

Chuck