should the date format in “Last Update” field be the same as the default operating system settings?
Endnote X2 Help about Last Updated field directs me to the Date and Auto Date Stamp where I found:
“The date format of the Auto Date Stamp fields, such as “4/16/2008,” adheres to your default operating system settings.” Unfortunately, “Last Updated field” date format is not the same as my system settings (“20 August 2008” and it should be “22. kolovoza 2008”).
I am not sure if this is a bug in Endnote X2…
P.S. I apologize for crossposting the similar post in “How to” section.
I think you would be best taking this to the tech support people as you suggested in the cross post, via the endnote.com support pages. I know that I can’t test this easily.
Leanne, thanks for your reply.
I have contacted technical support and got this answer:
"While that is intended to be the expected behavior in EndNote X2, we have not extensively tested EndNote with foreign language versions of Windows Vista, and thus it is possible that an incompatibility exists that we didn’t know about.
I’ll try to investigate further, but for the moment there isn’t any way that I know of to change the date format within EndNote manually."
I hope they will fix this soon.