EndNote 20: Bring back insert citation icon (shortcut) in EndNote

Totally agree. Just installed Endnote and it seems to be a case of style over substance, redeveloped by someone who may never have used it in practice. I’ve also just lost the handing reviewing pane on the RHS and cant figure out how to get it back, and where is the ‘sync’ icon??. 

BRING IT BACK

I uninstalled X20 and moved back to X9 because of this.

I agree fully and completely! This feature needs to come back ASAP!

Agree… I need to uninstall 20 and reinstall x9 because of this.

Agreed. I need to remove 20 and reinstall x9 because of this. 

The new user interface is NOT user friendly!!! Lots of unneeded clicks to do things that were doable with a single click in the toolbar in the previous version!

1 Like

I agree. Bring it back, because 99% of customer want it back.

Or make it customable, so that people that want it can have it, and the 1% that do not want it can remove it.

Thanks

Daniel

I agree, bring it back. ASAP. 99% of customers want and use this.

I agree! It is taking time to have to click different places to cite. Bring it back please!

I had to switch back to x9 because the cite while you write icon is gone. To pull this out was an really unthoughtful blunder of the 20 developers. Bring it back and maybe I’ll switch to 30.

pretty clear none of this is going to happen - new owners will milk those who are unwilling / unable to switch then the software will die

1 Like

Sadly, I think you might be correct. It is possible that they hope to milk the large institutions that buy the upgrades whilst putting in minimal effort to change things to justify an update.

1 Like

I do see that the citation button is present in endnote 21 again at least. not sure when that happened. an update in 20 or a restored feature in 21…