Endnote has quit working after years of working fine.

On my work computer I get a window that comes up that says “Endnote 8.0.0 (Bld 554) has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience”.  This is a relatively new computer.

My home computer, I was trying to use Endnote and was getting an error about the Macro blocking being turned on.  I reinstalled Endnote, and then I got the same error as I got at work.  I ran the latest patch on the Endnote website, and I could open my libraries again, but the Macro blocking error came up again.  I turned down the macro security as suggested.  Imade sure the Endnote macros were loaded in the template. 

Now I click on the toolbar buttons and nothing happens at all.  There seems to be no communication between MS word and Endnote.  This is particularly strange because it has worked fine for at least 4 years.

The error is usually caused when one of the two files for the Word Add-in are not loaded. In Word go to “Tools > Templates and Add-ins” and under “Checked items are currently loaded” make sure that both of the files that start with “EN” are checked. If either are not, add the check and click “OK”. If you see a message asking if you want to continue opening the file, click “OK”, because you will want to open the file.

If both of the files are checked, go to “Tools > Macro > Security” and set your security level to High. Then click on the “Trusted Publishers” tab and make sure that “Trust all installed add-ins and templates” is checked.

Additional information can be found on our website at:http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq4.asp