One of my users is using Word 2007 with EndNote 8.0.2. When he clicks on the EndNote buttons on the Add-Ins tab, he gets the “Macro cannot be found or has been disabled” message. The macro trust settings are set to “Enable all macros.”
Under Add-ins, EN8Cwyw.WordXP.wll is listed as inactive. When I activate it by managing the Word Add-ins and checking its box under “Global templates and add-ins,” the buttons on the Add-Ins tab don’t give the macro error, but instead don’t do anything. When I restart Word, EN8Cwyw.WordXP.wll is listed as inactive again.
I have disabled other add-ins (Adobe Acrobat), and I have deleted the Word Data registry key, but nothing so far has worked.