First impressions only, and mainly little things, but they do make a difference -
- I like the large icons at the top - will actually be visible on a screen when I’m teaching Endnote. Handy too to have an import button.
- So glad you can now delete a reference without being asked if you are sure (but hate the way it then jumps to the top of the list - please fix immediately).
- I like the search box being in the preview pane - it’s much neater.
- It’s quite good that when you open the programme it opens the last library you used (after all if you only have one library you are straight into where you want to be). Also when doing direct export you only have to open a library once, no matter how many different searches you do -it used to be v. irksome when you had to ‘open’ a library that was already open.
- Good to be able to compress a library and email in one command (saves lots of explanation as to how to email a library and .data folder)
- The jury is out about the online searches going directly into the library - although it is certainly less confusing for less experienced users - you don’t end up with any windows lurking behind the one you are using.
- Have only toyed with the smart groups, but they look really good. The PDF harvesting is very impressive.
Still to do:
Restore ‘any field’ as the first option in Search
Make Label the default in Change and move fields (or let the user set a default)
Restore the style previews in Web Style Finder that used to exist round about Endnote 6 time.