import citations automatically to a default library without a prompt

(1) Several times each day I find myself clicking on “Export Citiation to Endnote” online. On clicking EndNote does fireup automatically but each time insists on asking me which Library to store it to. I only have one library and was wondering if there was a way to make EN automatically import citations to this one? That would save me thousands of wasted keystrokes a year! Any sugesstions?

(2)In relation to the previous: Is there a way to make EN pop up a warning the moment it detects a duplicate ref. being imported? (I know I can do this with text-file based imports etc. but what about the online imports)  

(3)Endnote searches are very useful. But is there a “history” implimented on the searches? It would be useful to scroll back throught the last few searches. Especially since many of my sarches tend to be very similar it would be more efficient if I had a “forward” / “backward” button. 

-Rahul 

In regard to - “I only have one library and was wondering if there was a way to make EN automatically import citations to this one?”

We have changed this for EndNote X2 so that Direct Export files automatically come into the top-most, open library without prompting to choose a library. 

Jason,

For those of us who do not want to upgrade for this fix, what do we do? There was a previous version of Endnote that did not continually prompt to open the sole existing library when importing. For those of us who are researchers (probably a lot of us), this is a real pain.

Stan

@jasonr wrote:

We have changed this for EndNote X2 so that Direct Export files automatically come into the top-most, open library without prompting to choose a library. 

Hi Jason, is there any way, to turn this feature off? We are searching a lot through Pubmed and I don’t like to have all this search results in my library. I like to decide myself.

You can download EndNote X2.01 here - http://www.endnote.com/support/ENX201_WinMac_updater.asp - this includes “search Modes” that allow for the option of having Online Search results brought into a temporary library instead of directly into your main library.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

@jasonr wrote:

You can download EndNote X2.01 here - http://www.endnote.com/support/ENX201\_WinMac\_updater.asp - this includes “search Modes” that allow for the option of having Online Search results brought into a temporary library instead of directly into your main library.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Thanks for this answer, but since I get Endnote through the volume licence of my university, I will have to wait until this is available for these customers to. Thats what the responsible admin and the website says.

Yes, I am waiting until I know the volume licensing update is available before I push our institute for an upgrade to X2.  (but of course, I have my personal copy! :stuck_out_tongue: