Export as cvs.

I was wondering if it was possible to export references from endnote web as in cvs. format (comma separated values)? It doesn’t come up as an option in the drop down menu, but I wanted to see if there are other ways of doing this.

The short answer is “no” but why would you need to export as a .cvs file? If you export the EndNote Web references  as “EndNote Export” it creates a file that can be imported into the desktop version of EndNote.

I’m trying to import records into a database, and to do so, as i understand it, they need to be in .cvs form.

You might check if the database is able to import tab-delimited files as you could: 1) export from EndNote web to EndNote desktop; 2) export the references from EndNote desktop as a tab delimited file by using the Tab Delimited output style; then 3) import the EndNote tab delimited file into the receiving database.

If the targeted database is limited to importing only .cvs files, it’s possible to create a comma-delimited EndNote output style to export the references. As an example, check the EndNote tab delimited output style to see how the EndNote fields and tab separators are setup.