Group Design

I agree with Leanne: custom field + Open Term List - this is a good solution to organize larger library.

To mimic it with groups we need two important things:

1. Good searching possibilities. I mean operators AND and OR (records belong as well to group … as well to group … / records belonging either to group … or to group …).

2. Easy access to the group membership information - like we had in “custom field” solution.

PS1. Groups still have advantages over “custom field”: changing the name of a group is now very easy.

PS2. Does anybody know how to extract group membership information to store it in a custom field? :wink:

Yes, I have already switched to X2 and started to use groups and I am missing well-working, old “custom field” behavior :confused:

KL

Term list + Smart group is great, as long as the number of the smart group is small. I tried making about 400 smart groups, and EN got slow, because it scans the smart group criteria all the time.

So, right now, I figured 350 or so of regular groups, and 50 or so of smart group is my comfortable zone.

How to extract group membership information to store it later in a custom field?

@lebecki wrote:
How to extract group membership information to store it later in a custom field?

no way at this moment, as far as I know.

Thanks for Information.

Regards!

Design Innovations Inc.

12991 Keele Street
King City, Ontario
L7B 1G2 Canada