how to cite UN documents

I am trying to input a number of UN document citations into Endnote X, but I can’t seem to get it to display correctly.  Currently I am labeling them as a “Legal Rule or Regulation” can anyone help me to input them correctly?  An example citation would be:

Article 27 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by the UN General Assembly resolution 2200A (XXI)of 16 December 1966

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Your citation is quite long to be an actual in-text citation - so is this an example of a modified citation?  Also the in-text citation and bibliography format hinges not only on the reference type but your discipline’s style manual. What output style are you using?

1 Like

Hi guys,

We are struggling to cite images that we get from the web. We are forced, till now, to do this sort of work manually. There should be some way to automate it.

For instance, I got the attached image from the web and I need to mention the source. When the “title” of the source is really long then I’m used to make abbreviation so that it could be used as in-text citation. It is quite ugly to use long text for the in-text citation.

Please, have a look on the attached screenshots

Is there some othe workaround for the in-text citation for the material we obtain from the Web sites?

Best

Jamal

You might want to look at this thread regarding an acronym vs full organization name.