How to clear previous search terms in EndNote X7 for PC

I’m sure there is a simple answer for this but I can’t find it in Endnote Help. I am searching in Local Library Mode and can’t work out how to clear existing search terms in order to begin a new search. For example (see attached screenshot) in the Search Panel I have entered a term “Sampford” for “Author” + “Contains” and clicked on Search. Now I want to search for “transparency”. (I know I have references where the word “transparency” appears in “Author”.) If I replace “Sampford” with “transparency” in the Author form and click “Search” I get “no references found”. So how do I clear the form and start again with the whole reference database?

In absence of a “clear” command option to delete the search term you could:

1. “Cut” the search  term  by selecting it then clicking the shortcut keys CTRL+X; or

2. Click the “Options” pull-down menu located above the search bar then select Restore Default.

@crazygecko wrote:

In absence of a “clear” command option to delete the search term you could:

1. “Cut” the search  term  by selecting it then clicking the shortcut keys CTRL+X; or
  1. Click the “Options” pull-down menu located above the search bar then select Restore Default.

Thanks for that. Actually I had tried both of those methods and neither worked. But I think I’ve found a solution: (1) Right-click in the Results field (where the reference from the previous search is shown) and (2) Select “Show all references”. This restores the complete list of references in the library and the new search operators will work on that list rather than the list from the previous search. But a “New Search” button (or item in a drop-down) would be more intuitive!