import Excel-File

Hello,

I converted an Excel-File as suggested here:

http://www.lib.uts.edu.au/content/faq/how-can-i-transfer-references-endnote-excel-spreadsheet

If I try to import the tab delimited file, I get no error message, but nothing happens.

I attach the tab delimited Excel-file from my first trial. What is wrong with this file? It is only 10 lines!

If I try to export an Endnote enl file to a tab delimited file, it does not use the field names. So it cannot be imported again.

If I try to export Endnote enl file to a txt file with style “Show all fields” it writes the field names. But later this file cannot be imported again into a new Endnote library.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Sincerely

Peter
Test.txt (1.66 KB)

Hello,

I forgot to mention: I use Endnote X4.

Sincerely

Peter

I corrected the file, here are the correction I made:

1. *Generic should be on it’s own line, the column headings should be on the second line

2. First column headding should be Reference Type given the data

3. There is no First Author field, this needed to be changed to Author

4. The generic field name for Journal is Secondary Title

Since the file contained Unicode, I had to set the Text Translation to UTF-8 in the Import window.

Test-working.txt (1.68 KB)

Peter,

Thank you very much, your answer helped a lot.

Now I have the problem, to have another Unicode-File, which cannot be imported. On importing Endnote stops the import as UTF-8 with error message. With UTF-16 no error message at all.

It contains Russian, Greek and Eastern-European letters.

I attach a sample with 100 lines.

Sincerely

Peter

Peter,

Thank you very much for your support! It helped a lot!

Sincerely

Peter

Hello Guys, I’m new employe at a research futures company, and first time using thomson reuters.

I need to export that (picture attached) economic indicator data to excel format.

How do I do that?

Please help…

thanks a lot

Reuters indicator.JPG