In-text citations (APA) - won't accept space

Hi,
I’m using APA and am having trouble with in-text citation spacing.
For example, if I want a citation to appear as “(World Economic Forum, 2023)”, it won’t accept it in that format if I have “World Economic Forum” in the “Author” section of my reference. Instead, it will appear as “Forum, 2023” in my citation.
The only workaround I have found is inserting it into the reference as “World_Economic_Forum” (with the underscore between the words), which then appears as (World_Economic_Forum, 2023).
Any help to fix this would be most appreciated.

Hi,

To fix the citation issue in EndNote with the APA style for names with commas, try entering the organisation’s name in the ‘Author’ field as “World Economic Forum,”. Then in Word, use the EndNote tab to ‘Update Citations and Bibliography’. This ensures the citation appears as ‘(World Economic Forum, 2023)’.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Thank you Thomas,
I just tried that, but it comes out as:
(Forum", 2023)
and
Forum", W. E. (2023)…
in the reference list

Hi,

You probably need to use double commas instead of a single one. I didn’t notice the forum displaying a single comma.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Dear ellilou,

Hope this will help
Regards

1 Like

Thank you both!
So, before I literally wrote
“World Economic Forum” (with the double quotation marks, but I missed the comma at the end). I overlooked that.
I now tried inserting
World Economic Forum,
in the Author section (so no double quotation marks and the comma at the end) and now it works.
Thanks again for your support!