In-text citations moved backwards?

I am using Endnote X1 with Word 2008 on a Mac. This problem happened with two different Word documents using two different Endnote bibliographies (all created with this computer). Suddenly, from a certain point, all the references in the document are moved: each one is put in place of the previous one. So for instance, if I insert the citations like this: “aaaaa (Moore, 2006) bbbbbb Johnson (1998) cccccc (Smith, 1954),” they become this: “aaaaa (1998) bbbbb Johnson (Smith, 1954) cccccc.” The references, and their characteristics (“Exclude Author,” for example) are moved backwards. And the first one (in this case Moore, 2006) disappears.

I’m not sure, but it might be happening when I’m citing two identical references one after the other, and then it does this to previous parts of the documents, but not to the whole document (the first pages are OK). However, it doesn’t *necessarily* happen when I’m doing so.

Does anyone knows what happens / how I could stop it? 

Try this Faq to start with… 

http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq22.asp

I completely missed that… Thanks for pointing it out to me!

I have the same problem. I tried everything that was pinted out in the FAQ including the macro document. I couldnt resolve the problem. I am quite desperate as it is my phd thesis and i am  suppose to submit soon. 

I think it happened, when I used another library in the Word document…

Can anyone help ?

cu

astrid

@ubububu wrote:

sent you a private message.

@astridwichmann wrote:

I have the same problem. I tried everything that was pinted out in the FAQ including the macro document. I couldnt resolve the problem. I am quite desperate as it is my phd thesis and i am  suppose to submit soon. 

I think it happened, when I used another library in the Word document…

Can anyone help ?

cu

astrid

@ubububu wrote:

I have the same problem and the process suggested in the FAQ but it doesn’t work. This is also for my thesis &  I need to get it sorted out soon, I have over 800 references and a very large bibliography. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

thanks hopefully, Roger

I would recommend that you contact Tech support and share your document with them. Perhaps they can see the problem. 

but What version of Endnote? 

@leanne wrote:

I would recommend that you contact Tech support and share your document with them. Perhaps they can see the problem. 

Hi Leanne

it is end note X3 

I tried uploading the file to you but it is apparently to big at 17.3 MB. I don’t want to reduce it or compress it as this will then not be the actual file that has the problem.

Also what is the contact for tech support

@leanne wrote:

Hi again Leanne

I am in Australia and it seems that I will have to call tech support, re an email you sent re endnote & snow leopard crashing problem. Is this this case

Well, I am not with Thomson Reuters (as I am  commonly mistaken to!), I am a customer too, so where did you try to upload it to me?   The Techsupport contact information is on their website.  Here is the direct link:

http://www.endnote.com/support/entechform.asp

Thanks Leanne

I didn’t realize you were not with Thomson Reuter, I’ll try that address. I tried to attach the thesis with the attachments button below.

@leanne wrote:

Well, I am not with Thomson Reuters (as I am  commonly mistaken to!), I am a customer too, so where did you try to upload it to me?   The Techsupport contact information is on their website.  Here is the direct link:

http://www.endnote.com/support/entechform.asp

You could try emailing me the document?

LMW@stowers.org