is this custom style possible? (ref: history, ancient, medieval primary source material)

Hello all,

I am new to EndNote and to the forum.  I’ve searched the threads and not found an answer to this question, if it’s out there and I missed it, please forgive me.

Here’s my situation; I am a PhD candidate in history (medieval) so I am using quite a few primary sources.  I use Chicago 15th A style.  I now have a new supervisor who insists that I change to the following format:

Primary source author, Primary Source Name, reference to book, chapter or verse. Title of Modern Translation or Edition, trans. (or “ed.” or “ed. and trans.”) Modern editor(s)/translator(s) name(s) (Moder place of publication, date of publication), Page #s

Shortened form:

Primary source author, Primary Source Name, reference, chapter, verse. Modern Translation Title (shortened), trans./ed. modern translators’/editors’ surnames, Page #s.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

What version of Endnote are you using?  What Reference type are you using to record the various parts of the information?  Can you find a place in the Book section for the parts?  YOu will have to manually enter somewhere in the record the short title I think… You may need to edit or make a new reference type to accomodate the additional information - based on book section or book.  How far have you gotten on this and what is your next challenge.  Attach your style and someone may be able to help

Hi Leanne,

The “Ancient Text” template in the drop down did the trick.  I don’t know how I’d missed it before.