Merging two bibliographies

Hi

In the writing of my research I had created two documents citing various references as I went.  I then copied one into the other.  I did this before reading the help note on this site about how to do this and ensure the bibliographies are correctly formatted.

I have tried to follow the instructions of converting to unformatted citations and then reformatting the bibliography.  However they all appear fine with the formatting except they don’t appear in alphabetical order.

I would appreciate some help on this, as my deadline approaches.

Thanks

@bennynz wrote:

…they all appear fine with the formatting except they don’t appear in alphabetical order.

IIf

If the bibliography isn’t sorted alphabetically by the author’s last name you might check the output style’s “Bibliography Sort Order” to see if it’s set to: Author + Title.

1. Go to the EndNote toolbar, select Edit > Output Styles, Edit [name of the style you’re using.
  1. In the output style’s dialog box locate the section labeled “Bibliography” then click “Sort Order”. On the right-hand side are listed various bibliography sort order options. Select Author + Title.
  1. Exit the output style which will save the changes as a “Copy” (e.g., APA 6th Copy) so adjust both EndNote and MS Word to use the output style file copy.
  1. If the document’s bibliography doesn’t automatically update on its own click the Update Citations and Bibliography option in the EndNote tab of the MS Word toolbar (Word 2007, 2010).