Right parenthesis not showing up when including multiple citations.

I have modified the attached style by removing the period at the end of references under Footnotes- Templates (see Book, Book Section, and Journal entries for examples)

I did so because I am getting a period AND a semi colon (. :wink: when I include multiple citations and this was the only way I know to get rid of the period.

Now (after removing the period in the template), when I have a multiple citations situation and mostly when I do not include a page number, the right parenthesis just before the semicolon and after the date is missing.

The way it comes back is when I either enter a page number or a space when there is no page number.

For example (parenthesis missing):

; Craig A. Evans, ā€œMessianic Hopes and Messianic Figures in Late Antiquity,ā€ Journal of Greco-Roman Christianity and Judaism 3 (2006; Craig S. Keener, The Historical Jesus of the Gospels (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2009; Gerbern S. Oegema, The Anointed and His People: Messianic Expectations from Maccabees to Bar Kochba, Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha: Supplement Series, vol. 27 (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic, 1998).

The Best solution would allow me to keep the period at the end of the reference templates for footnotes but have the period disappear in a multiple citations situation and only have the semicolon remain.

A IF period AND semi colon THEN eliminate period scenario.

If not

How do I remove the period at the end of the template without having to add a space in the box for the page numbers.

Thanks,

Turabian Bibliography-DTS Maximus.ens (64.2 KB)

Can you tell us which version of Endnote and with which version of Word, you are using? Ā This often makes a difference when trouble shooting footnote formating. Ā 

I am using Endnote X6 and Word 2013

Thanks

I canā€™t test that combination. Ā ā€“ Donā€™t have Word 2013. Ā and donā€™t seem to be able to replicate the problem. Ā 

Where are you including or not including a page number. I assume in Cited Pages?Ā 

I wonder if adding back the ā€œseparationā€ character to the end of that field in your templates (you removed it when you removed the periods) might fix the problem? Ā Ā 

Also, make sure you are actually using your adjusted template in the word document - as changing to it in the Endnote program itself will have no effect on the document formating. Ā