Right parenthesis not showing up when including multiple citations.

I have modified the attached style by removing the period at the end of references under Footnotes- Templates (see Book, Book Section, and Journal entries for examples)

I did so because I am getting a period AND a semi colon (. :wink: when I include multiple citations and this was the only way I know to get rid of the period.

Now (after removing the period in the template), when I have a multiple citations situation and mostly when I do not include a page number, the right parenthesis just before the semicolon and after the date is missing.

The way it comes back is when I either enter a page number or a space when there is no page number.

For example (parenthesis missing):

; Craig A. Evans, “Messianic Hopes and Messianic Figures in Late Antiquity,” Journal of Greco-Roman Christianity and Judaism 3 (2006; Craig S. Keener, The Historical Jesus of the Gospels (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2009; Gerbern S. Oegema, The Anointed and His People: Messianic Expectations from Maccabees to Bar Kochba, Journal for the Study of the Pseudepigrapha: Supplement Series, vol. 27 (Sheffield: Sheffield Academic, 1998).

The Best solution would allow me to keep the period at the end of the reference templates for footnotes but have the period disappear in a multiple citations situation and only have the semicolon remain.

A IF period AND semi colon THEN eliminate period scenario.

If not

How do I remove the period at the end of the template without having to add a space in the box for the page numbers.

Thanks,

Turabian Bibliography-DTS Maximus.ens (64.2 KB)

Can you tell us which version of Endnote and with which version of Word, you are using?  This often makes a difference when trouble shooting footnote formating.  

I am using Endnote X6 and Word 2013

Thanks

I can’t test that combination.  – Don’t have Word 2013.  and don’t seem to be able to replicate the problem.  

Where are you including or not including a page number. I assume in Cited Pages? 

I wonder if adding back the “separation” character to the end of that field in your templates (you removed it when you removed the periods) might fix the problem?   

Also, make sure you are actually using your adjusted template in the word document - as changing to it in the Endnote program itself will have no effect on the document formating.