Footnote style

I have a problem with my footnote style in Endnote X7.

It should be: “Vgl. Mueller, M. (2002), S. 140.”."

It is: “Vgl. Mueller, M. (2002).” -> I need a “,” instead of a “.” .

Footnote Templates:

Generic:

Vgl. Author (Year),| S. Cited Pages|.

Generic short form:

Vgl. Author |(Year),| S. Cited Pages|.

Thank you!

taucher1980

Can you attach the actual output style you are using as some of the special characters, like “link adjacent” don’t copy to the post.  (if you have edited it or downloaded it, it will be in your my documents/library folder/Endnote/styles.  If it was an installed output style it will be in the program folder/endnote/styles.)  

So there are no cited pages?  – the result is because if there are no cited pages, the comma followed by the period is a double punctuation and the period wins in that case.  You can move the period to before the | at the end and it will only appear if there are cited pages, and the comma won’t disappear.  

It should be: “Vgl. Mueller, M. (2002), S. 140.”."

It is: “Vgl. Mueller, M. (2002).” -> I need a “,” behind the "(YEAR)"instead of a “.” .

I add the cited pages manually, that is not the problem.

Thank you.

taucher1980

teststyle.ens (26 KB)

Then move the period after the | to before the |  or get rid of the whole last section, if you are not using it?  

Footnote Templates:

Generic:

Vgl. Author (Year),| S. Cited Pages.|

Generic short form:

Vgl. Author (Year),| S. Cited Pages.|

or 

Footnote Templates:

Generic:

Vgl. Author (Year), 

Generic short form:

Vgl. Author (Year),

Sorry but there remains still a “.” after the “(Year).” after delating S. Cited Pages.|

Are you sure you are using the new, edited output style in the manuscript?  – because my test works.  with both of the attached.  Which ref type are you inserting.  I tested with Journal.  

teststyle -move period.ens (25.8 KB)
teststyle -remove cited.ens (25.5 KB)

Thank you. I now use the “move period” style and it works!

taucher1980

Glad to hear!