SPE Paper number

Being new to EndNote, I am struggling to find a way to include a SPE Paper number and a DOI in a reference citation, using the Conference Paper reference type. Here is the style I am attempting to emulate:

Jacobi, D., J. Breig, B. LeCompte, M. Kopal, G. Hursan, F. Mendez, S. Bliven, and J. Longo, 2009, Effective Geochemical and Geomechanical Characterization of Shale Gas Reservoirs from the Wellbore Environment: Caney and the Woodford Shale. Paper SPE 124231 presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA. DOI: 10.2118/124321-MS.

Here is what I am getting:

Jacobi, D., J. Breig, B. LeCompte, M. Kopal, G. Hursan, F. Mendez, S. Bliven, and J. Longo, 2009, Effective Geochemical and Geomechanical Characterization of Shale Gas Reservoirs from the Wellbore Environment: Caney and the Woodford Shale, 2009 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA.

I have played around with most styles, but can’t find one that posts the paper number (SPE 124231) and DOI in the output.

You don’t mention what style you plan on using but in any event it seems both the DOI and paper number are omitted from the output style template - which probably why it’s not appearing in the bibliography reference.

All you need to do is to edit the output style template for the Conference Paper entry to include the DOI and whatever field in your reference type that’s storing the paper number (SPE 12431).  If you don’t have a designated field, you may need to modify the reference template itself by adding a custom field designated for paper numbers.

Thanks - I had to hunt around a bit, but I found the Preferences dialog that allowed me to modify the Reference Type and Output Styles to accommodate SPE Paper numbers.