Two separate bibliographies in one document NOT using breaks.

I have a somewhat vexing problem and would appreciate the help of the forum.

Using Endnote X3, Word 2004 and Windows XP.

I have a document and would like to make two separate bibliographies at the end. The specific publisher requires that the references be divided into two sections: one for print publication (references to be denoted as 1, 2, 3…) and one bibliography to appear on their website only (to be denoted as references w1, w2, w3).  The references should be sequential and in parallel.  I’ll put an simple example below, since seeing what I need it makes it easier to follow.

Penguins are a group of aquatic birds living almost exclusively in the southern hemisphere, especially in Antarctica.(1) Highly adapted for life in the water, penguins have dark and white plumage, and their wings have become flippers.(2)  Most penguins feed on fish caught while swimming underwater.(w1, w2) They spend about half of their life on land and half in the oceans.(3)  Although all penguin species are native to the southern hemisphere, they are not found only in cold climates, such as Antarctica (w3). 

A full example of what I actually need can be seen here:

http://submit-heart.bmj.com/journals/heartjnl/forms/other_authors_example.pdf

Thanks much for any advice!

If I had this requriement 

As a work-around, I guess I would turn off CYWY and use curley brackets for one set and change them to square brackets for the other, and then format the first set, unlink fields and then format the other set. 

(Word 2003?  word 2004 is a mac version).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, Word 2003 is correct. Do you suppose there is any way to do it without unlinking? Worried that if it comes back for edits, having all my references unlinked would cause long-term problems. I suppose formatting the bibliography ought to be my absolute final step.

Eric

Yep, – Make all your edits in the preformated version, then reformat for submission, but always - always - let me say that again, incase you missed it – -ALWAYS… keep the unformatted version for future corrections/edits.