Want Endnote to "backoff" about automatically starting itself

I recently completed a standard install of Endnote X2 (Build 3210).

I’m only using it on a few documents.

Everytime I open a Word file and often when I open email, Endnote is automatically starting up.

It is slowing me down and hogging resources.

How can I get it to “back off” and only open when I specifically request it to start?

Thanks!

You want to turn off a CWYW preference from either the endnote word toolbar, EnPref, or the endnote toolbars, Endnote tools, “Cite while you write preferences” - and turn off “open endnote when word is opened”.  Then  when you want endnote to open, just click on the EN  button, and it will open. 

Look at some of the other options there and turn them off, or on as you prefer. For example, if you would rather NOT have CWYW as an automatic feature.  Once a new document has been created, this has no effect on that specific document, and is only applied to new word documents.  Turning it on and off on a previously created document is controlled thru the format bibliography menu. 

New users will also want to go thru the Endnote preferences (in Endnote, Edit, Preferences), in particular to set the default library you want to open automatically, and just look at some of the other options available there.  

This didn’t solve my problem, but it seems like it should have. 

Tried the previous suggestion.

Word -> Tooles -> Endnote -> Cite While You Write Preferences

I have unchecked “Open EndNote when starting Word” and “Enable Instant Formattting on new Word Documents” 

But EndNote is still starting when I open Word Documents.

In EndNote the settings are identical under

Tools -> Cite While You Right -> CWYR Preferences

How can I stop EndNote from automatically opening when I open Word files?

Also having the trouble one of the other recent writers had

Endnote puts up a window: “Select a Reference Library”  with “Open” and “Cancel” buttons

Select Cancel and the window goes away then reopens.   Again and again.  It will ot go away.

Switch over to the endnote window and shut it down with the “X” in the upper right corner.

A few seconds later it reopens and puts up a window: “Select a Reference Library”  with “Open” and “Cancel” buttons

Also I keep getting a small window popping up

EndNote X2

EndNote Error

OK

What is this?

Hi, 

I have this problem with two different version of Endnote:

Endnote puts up a window: “Select a Reference Library”  with “Open” and “Cancel” buttons

Select Cancel and the window goes away then reopens.   Again and again.  It will ot go away.

Switch over to the endnote window and shut it down with the “X” in the upper right corner.

A few seconds later it reopens and puts up a window: “Select a Reference Library”  with “Open” and “Cancel” buttons

please I think is a very important issue I would like to know I to fix it.

thanks