When is the update for X2 expected and will it include VGA support for the PPC addon?

Hi,

Just wondering when you expect the update to X2 to be released and will it include VGA support for the Pocket PC addon that was promised in this version? Regards.

We are targeting the release of the EndNote X2.01 free update patch for mid-October. This should include expanded syncing support for PocketPC devices.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say “…VGA support for the Pocket PC addon that was promised in this version…” - please contact me directly with more detailed comments or questions on this.

Jason Rollins, EndNote Product Development

+1 215 823 1721

jason.rollins@thomsonreuters.com

VGA support for the Pocket PC is included in the current version of EndNote X2 for Windows. If anyone is seeing any glitches with this, please contact me directly with more detailed comments on this. In order to consider improving this with the upcoming patch,  we need specific input on issues.

+1 215 823 1721

jason.rollins@thomsonreuters.com

Hi Jason,

Thanx for the information on the upcoming update. So VGA support is included in X2? I don’t have it installed, so I’m unable to confirm this. I have a Dell Axim x51v and I know that X1.01 was certainly not working correctly on it. So, the change to VGA support has been made? I’m getting mixed information from Thomson on this. According to a tech support email I received this isn’t in the works for the near future! I’m confused. Will EN X2 run on a pocket pc with a VGA display, such as the Axim x51v?

Yes - VGA support is included in EndNote X2 for PocketPCs. As for - “Will EN X2 run on a pocket pc …such as the Axim x51v?” - We do not have access to every possible PocketPC device. On the VGA devices we tested, EndNote X2 worked fine. It would be very helpful to hear additional feedback from others on their experiences with specific devices / models.