Will EN 21 be an upgrade to EN X9? EN 20 was not

I once changed from EN X9 to EN 20, only to find out that the layout was horrible (which I probably could live with) but many features I used in EN X9 were no longer available. So I changed back rather quickly, for me EN20 was a downgrade.

EN20 is the Clarivate version of windows 8. Will EN21 be based on 20 or on X9? Should I upgrade this time?

V21 is based on V20 so much, so I had to check the “about” to confirm I was looking at V21 not V20.

If you didn’t like V20, you won’t like V21.

There are a lot of V19 users asking for mods to v20 (and I assume the same mods in V21) so you may well see a V22 that is more to your liking.

4 Likes

Is there anyway to buy EN X9? I’ve been patient with EN 20 waiting for EN 21 to come out, and then after downloading EN 21 and trying a few days, I uninstalled it. Interface is the same as EN 20. Still has the downgrade of having no way for user preferences on relocating/resizing window location, that I could find. I’ve filled records with rich information and can’t read them in a little tall, narrow column. I understand the EN X9 20 and 21 database structures are all compatible.

1 Like