Word EndNote citation change color

Hi,

I am working in Word 2003  and  EndNote X(2114).  In order to find the citations easily that are formatted as (1),(2),(3)…etc in word document, I want to change the color of citations in word, not to change them manually, but to change them automatically in creating the citations. Could you tell me how to do this?  

I  just change the front color of  in-text-citation, not the background color.

For example:

The ETL implementation such as the application described in Byrne [1].

In this sentence, the color of citation [1] is Blue, not the default color.

Thanks.

Shufeng

Message Edited by zhousflc on 04-24-2009 12:49 PM

Message Edited by zhousflc on 04-24-2009 12:57 PM

Message Edited by zhousflc on 04-24-2009 12:59 PM

The easiest way would be to set your field settings in word so they are always showing, which will make them grey at all times, rather than the default, which is when they are selected.   

(Edited:  These settings are access thru Word, Tools>Options menu on the View Tab.  Field Shading drop-down, right hand column at least in 2003.)

Message Edited by Leanne on 04-24-2009 11:27 AM

Hello, I recently have found a tricky way to change the color of references into blue through EndNote:

1. Open your word document;
  2. Go to Endnote X4 Tab
  3. Open Edit & Manage Citation(s)
  4. In the Opened windows look for “Tools” and click on it.
  5. Open Format Bibliography;
  6. Check Mark the option named “Underline Linked in-text citations” given in below;
  7. To get rid of underline, you can highlight (select) part of whole parts of your text then employ word abilities (e.g. Use Underline option in the Home tab).

Hope to helps

Vahab youssofzadeh, from IRAN

Open your Word file.

press alt+f9 to show field mode

now open find and replace option

in find what tab, write ^d

for replace with option,  (expand find and replace window if necessary) go to format option at bottom and select style from dropdown menu and select any style. OR

you can simply select no style and move back to format option and select font option which will open another window, where you have to just change font color (from automatic to blue) click ok, and back to find and replace window. now select replace all option. (it will highlight the in-text reference fields with blue color )

close window and again press alt+f9 to move back to word mode.  all in-text citations’ color is changed to blue. cheers. 

regards,

Bilal Bajwa from Pakistan

open your word file

press alt+f9 

go to find and replace option

in find what , write ^d

in replace with , (expand the window if necessary)

select format option from bottom and select style from dropdown list, which will open another window, now select any style _ OR _

select no style option and move back to format option, select font and just change color (automatic to blue) , click ok. (back to find and replace window)

Make sure no box is checked. click replace all.

again press alt+f9 

all in-text citations’ color is changed to blue, cheers

Love Pakistan