2 BOOKS - Identical format but showing differently in citation

Re Chicargo manuals style 16 using endnote 4

Can someone help please?

I used book section for a citation. One citation came out ok with comma after publisher, pages after the book title and date at the end after a comma…

The other one comes out with publisher no comma, pages after the editor and the date on another line even though there is a lot of room left in that line. I have tried book, booksection and editied book and the citation comes out the same insofar as the date goes.

I use book section because it is a section in a book .  edited book just shows the author as the editor .

Also can you tell me why I have two sets of  colons :: in some references. Yet I have entered them exactly the same.I made sure the line wasn’t open. I dont know the corect term but there is no window open ready to recieve data.

You help will be appreciated

I dont understand  the concept of “parse” so can you make it simple please

thank you

First - assuming you are using Endnote X4 not Endnote4?  

Second, did you alter the Chicago 16th A (or are you using B) output style in any way?  

Have you looked at the record itself for the second book section to see if there is a carriage return after the date and that the date is in the Year field?  

Hi Leanne

just received this when I posted agian.  No I am using endnote 5 sorry.

Quote   <First - assuming you are using Endnote X4 not Endnote4? 

Second, did you alter the Chicago 16th A (or are you using B) output style in any way? 

Have you looked at the record itself for the second book section to see if there is a carriage return after the date and that the date is in the Year field? >

Sorry hadn’t clicked the bo to notify when reply.

No sorry using endote version 5. Is this X5? Is there a difference?. it is the full version not student.

Using chicago 16A

Not sure what you mean by the last bit. But I see I do have a spare line, I thought I checked this. so Ipresume this is it. and yes this fixed the double colon.

I dont have a date just a year and yes it is in the year field, This just leaves the page numers after the editor.  . I also noticed that the publishing details should be in brackets.  I have  bigger issues that I have posted. so can I get back onto this later please?.

Hi  I am going to start a new topic because I have changed some things and will start again.