Advanced Functional Materials/ Advanced Materials output style.

Hello all, 

I am preparing a manuscript for advanced functional materials, for which there is no existing output style. This journal is the sister journal to advanced materials which has an output style that is actually incorrect. Specifically, the in text citation should be in brackets and superscripted. Am I missing something, I cannot figure out how to get X2 to superscript these numbers.

This is the style information from their site.

References should be numbered sequentially as they appear in the text[1] as superscripts in square brackets.[2-5] Only papers that are published or in press should be referenced. The footnote and endnote options provided by many text programs should  not  be used. Journal titles should be abbreviated according to the Chemical Abstracts Service Source Index (CASSI). In citing the literature, the format below should be followed as an example:

[1] a) C. D. Dimitrakopoulos, P. R. L. Malenfant, Adv. Mater. 2002, 14, 99. b) M. R. Robinson, S. Wang, A. J. Heeger, G. C. Bazan, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2001, 11, 413.

[2] A. R. Raju, C. N. R. Rao, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1991, 1260.

[3] J. W. Grate, G. C. Frye, in Sensors Update, Vol. 2 (Eds: H. Baltes, W. Göpel, J. Hesse), WILEY-VCH, Weinheim, Germany 1996, Ch. 2.

[4] B. Batlogg, “Molecular Organic Crystals”, presented at Int. Conf. on Science and Technology of Synthetic Metals 2000 (ICSM 2000), Bad Gastein, Austria, July 15-21, 2000.

[5] B. R. Ezzel, W. P. Carl, W. A. Mod, US Patent 4 330 654, 1982.

Hello all,

I tried to download the output style from the endnote site, thinking perhaps my version was outdated, that would not work and i don’t know why, just got a text file. I then downloaded the whole output style 8+ file and replaced my output styles with those. Things are working fine now. I am about to buy X3 as soon as it gets in so hopefully no more problems.