author citation modification

hello.

I am having trouble with my author citations. is there an option to edit the presentation of author individually?

eg. whan i use world health organisation it comes up as “organization, W.H.” 

many thanks

i am using the latest version of endnote given to me by my university, I am on windows 7 (32 bit), microsoft word 2010, output style set to “apa 6th curtin x6”

You’ll need to edit the Author field – not the in-text citation. Names of organizations should include a comma in the Author field like so:

World Health Organisation,

thanks very much.  im having trouble with that now though

@crazygecko wrote:

You’ll need to edit the Author field – not the in-text citation. Names of organizations should include a comma in the Author field like so:

World Health Organisation,

i have 3 or 4 citations from the same organization (2012, 2013, & 2014)

most of them have come up fine in the in text citations (Australian Institute of Health & Welfare, 2013),  (Australian Institute of Health & Welfare, 2012), 

however i have one that is coming up as (Welfare, 2014), commas seem to have no effect on this…

any suggestions? 

Presuming that that one has a comma as a part of the name.  we Endnote afficiandos suggest that you put a double comma in it in the record, and then the trailing comma at the end.  But the citation is usually still truncated and the cludge to fix that, is to right click in the citation, edit that citation, hide author and then “more” and put the organization as you want it to appear in the prefix and the comma followed by a space.