Bibliography appearing before endnotes in Chicago 16th A

Hi

I am using the ‘Insert Endnote’ feature in Word 2010 to create endnotes in my document and then inserting the relevant citations into the endnotes from my EndNote library. I am using EndNote X6 and the Chicago 16th A output style. In the Sections part of the output style I have set it to ‘Create a complete bibiography at the end of the document’. However the bibliography is appearing before the endnotes instead of after. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Have you tried:

1.  Unformating  then reformating the citations/bibliography (test first on a backup copy of the document)? 

1. Inserting a section break between the end of the endnote section and the beginning of the bibliography section?

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately they didn’t fix the problem. I tried unformatting and reformatting but the bibliography still remained in place between the text and the endnotes. I couldn’t insert a section break between the end of the endnote section and the beginning of the bibliography section because the bibliography is in front of the endnote section.

I am not exactly sure, but if you can put a page break after your “endnotes” - then move the bibliography to that location, doesn’t it stay there? 

Thanks Leanne but the page break option was greyed out if trying to insert it after the endnotes.

I have now found a solution - inserting a section break after the text and before the endnotes. Doing this automatically moved the bibliography to the end. This article was very helpful: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/FootnoteFAQContent.htm#TextAfterNotes

Once I had inserted the section break  I was able to successfully add more endnotes and automatically build the bibiography at the end of the document using EndNote.

1 Like