book reference type

Hi!

Does somebody know why page numbers of the book regerence type do not appear in the reference list in Word? I use EndNote X4 version. For example, I cite a book  “Zenkevich, L.A., Gilyarov, M.S., Bannikov, A.G., Gladkov, N.A., Kuzyakin, A.P., Miheev, A.V., 1968. The life of animals. Invertebrates. Prosveschenie, Moscow”. I need the number of pages appear after “Mocsow”, but they do not, although I typed it manually in the reference. 

Thanks a lot! 

What is shown in the reference list is decided by the output style you choose.

So check which one you use and either change it or edit it to include the page numbers.

@marinachelak wrote:

Does somebody know why page numbers of the book regerence type do not appear in the reference list in Word? …  I cite a book  “Zenkevich, L.A., Gilyarov, M.S., Bannikov, A.G., Gladkov, N.A., Kuzyakin, A.P., Miheev, A.V., 1968. The life of animals. Invertebrates. Prosveschenie, Moscow”. I need the number of pages appear after “Mocsow”, but they do not, although I typed it manually in the reference. 

From your description it sounds like the reference is not an edited book so citing page numbers isn’t warranted for the bibliographic entry but would be appropriate for an in-text citation. The lack of page numbers in the bibliographic entry may explain this.

If your discipine’s style guide indicates the need to cite page numbers for a book (not an edited book) then the output style’s “Book” template would need to be adjusted - but my guess is this would not be an approrpiate format.