Change ref type in multiple references

I have about 40 references whose type I want to change.  I do not want to do 40 changes.  I am pretty sure that there is a way to do this, but I just cannot figure it out.

thanks

Greetings,

Before making any global change to your database, be sure to make a backup copy of the database files.  Once the database has been backed up-

1.  Open your database.

2.  Mark the records that you’d like to change.

3.  Double click on one of these records to open it for editing.

4.  Choose the desired reference type from the “Ref Type” drop down list.

5.  After selecting the reference type, click “Edit>Copy Field…”.

6.  On the Copy Field window, verify that it is set to copy the newly set reference type and make sure to select the “Marked reference(s)” selection within the “References options” list.

7.  Click “Copy” and accept the resulting “Confirm Copy Field” prompt by pressing “Yes to All”.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Jimmy M.

Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support

thomsonreuters.com

THank you.  I see what I was doing incorrectly:  I was highlighting the refs, not “marking” them.

Why doesnt the last reference get changed as well?

Was this in the manual or help stuff?

thanks again

My version of endnote (X3) does not have a feature called “Copy Field”. However, after (4) one can go to Edit - Change text - Choose ‘reference type’ from the field list and write/copy the old and the new name of the reference type into the appropriate window (‘Search for’ and ‘Change the text to’ ), then prompt by pressing “Yes to All”.
Regards,
ugau

I see the answer but do not know how to mark references. Can you help?

Hello Jimmy,

EndNote 9.1.1 for Mac obviously does not offer “Edit > Copy Field …” anymore. Is there a new way to change the reference type of multiple references?

Thanks in advance!

Chris