"Cited pages" field not working in Endnote X7.2

I found several descriptions how to cite a certain page e.g. of a book. Unfortunately it seems not to work with Endnote X7. 2 and MS Word 14 (Office Professional Plus 2010)

I have defined the following style:

Author^Editor| (Year) Title|. Series Title|, Volume| Edition ed|, Publisher|, Place Published|, S. Cited Pages|.

in “Edit and manage citation” a page is entered (please refer to attached picture)

the result is:

Stolten D, Emonts B (2012) Fuel Cell Science and Engineering: Materials, Processes, Systems and Technology, Wiley-VCH-Verlag.

I expected:

Stolten D, Emonts B (2012) Fuel Cell Science and Engineering: Materials, Processes, Systems and Technology, Wiley-VCH-Verlag , S. 729.

Where is the cited page in my reference? I’ve tried now for some hours with no solution.

Is there any?

some other thins I observed…

The dropdown menu “insert field” does not contain a field “cited pages”. (please refer to attached picture)

Interestingly the “how-to” is described in the EndNote help, which states itself as “…EndNote X7. 1 Help”.

In the about EndNote X7 menu it states: “EndNote X7. 2 (Bld 8156)”
edit-and-manage-citations.jpg

Which output style are you using? Just to clarify the Cited Pages field is usually associated with a) the Citations Template or b) the Footnotes Template of your given output style.   

OK, just checked, it’s working fine with the citation templates and the footonotes templates but unfortunately not in the the Bibliography templates. Thanks for clarification! I’m using a self-defined output style.

Something, it seems, I’ve to accept but I do not understand. So there is not a solution - just an unsatisfactory work-around: Several references in the database for the same book each containing a different entry in the pages-field.

Like a different Chapter?  Then you might want to consider entering them as Book Sections (and the pages field) rather than cited pages which are usually used for footnotes or specific citations, and not as stand alone separate references.  

Might worth a try I’m not 100% sure if it will work with the template- but I will give it a try…