Compressed libraries... compatibility issue between X3 and X4 versions ?

I am using Endnote on 2 computers at home and office (a Mac and a PC), with “compressed libraries” to transfer my data from one platform to the other.

I recently uppgraded to X4 at my office (Windows) and saved my database as a compressed library. When I tried to open it at home (with X3 on a Mac) I received an error, telling that the file was not a valid compressed library.

My questions are:

Is it possible to open X4 compressed libraries with an X3 version of Endnote ? The X4 version on Mac can’t be used for the moment… is there a way to used my compressed X4 on my Mac ? Is it a known issue ? 

It should be possible to open compressed EndNote X4 libraries [.enlx files] with EndNote X3 - across Windows and Macintosh. I just checked and there are no known bugs in our current testing of the Macintosh version of EndNote X4. Perhaps your library file has become corrupted in some way?

It might be helpful to send a copy of your library for the team to take a look at. If you would like to do this, feel free to contact me directly.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

jason [dot] rollins [@] thomsonreuters [dot] com

Thanks !

You were right… I tried to compress again, and it works fine with the new file.