CWYW plugin stops working after MS Word update (released today)

Word 15.xx can also be simply re-installed by replacing Word.app 16.xx in the Application folder with an old Word.app 15.xx file from TimeMachine or another backup. Outlook.app 16.xx can then be used alongside.

Please answer whether EndNote 7 will also be upgraded with a plugin compatible with Word.app 16.xx. 

Guys, 

I just heard from technical support:

THERE WILL BE NO PATCH FOR ENDNOTE X7 TO MAKE IT COMPATIBLE WITH MS WORD 16.XX (MAC).

You can either downgrade Word or upgrade to EN X8, I got a discount…

Best, M.

For those of us at Instutitions where our Word versions are managed we cannot “simply downgrade to Word 15.x.x”

What is the estimated release date for the fix? 

Yes, I am having the same problem with EndNote x7. If I upgrade to Endnote x8, does that resolve the issue with Word 16.9?

Yes, I am having the same issues with EndNote x7 after the latest Word update. Will CWYW workd with Word 16.9 work if I upgrade to EndNote x8?

Linda

I am currently experiencing the same problem and dont think that downgrading windows is an ideal soluation. Have you managed to sort this and if yes how? THanks for any help. 

I have downgraded and it works. 

It seems administrators are just ignoring all the questions about whether a plugin update will be released for Endnote X7.  Am I to assume that means X7 is no longer supported?  This is very frustrating.

When will this issue be resolved? Surely Thomson Reuters don’t think roll bak to an old version of Word is an adequate solution.

@some_one

they have said it – no update will be released for X7 to make it compatible with Mac Word 2016.  

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Word-2016-Mac-version-16-Compatibility?language=en_US