Delete Paragraph with In Text Citatons

Hello,

When I am reviewing a manuscript and come across an entire paragraph that I want to delete, would my document be ok if I just highlight the paragarph and hit the backspace. I was under the impression that one has to use highlighting the reference and the toolbar  “edit citation” to delete a reference from within a manuscript. But, in this case there may be a paragraph or two that I  need to delete. Using the edit citaiton for each reference that may be continained in the paragraphs would be tedious.  So, would just using the backspace to delete the entire paragraph with in-text citations be ok or does it seriouisly alter the coding so that glitches may appear?

Thank You.

You can delete the paragraph with impunity.  At the next update (next time you add a ref, or perhaps even immediately) the refs only used in that paragraph should disappear from the bibliography.  You should try not to delete part of a citation without using the “edit citation” interface. 

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for replying to my post. May I ask for some clarification. You state “You should try not to delete part of a citation without using the “edit citation” interface. "  Do you mean that if my in text citation includes more than one reference such as " (1-4)” then this is where it is more important to try and use “edit citation”?

Thank you.

yes, exactly.