Distorted PDF on X5 for Mac

I just download a X5 trial and attached a pdf to a reference, but most of the letters are unrecognizable. Is this a glitch on X5 or on the PDF. I have tested different PDF’s and whenever the PDF was created from a very old journal like the one attached, this occurs. Can anyone help?

I doubt it is Endnote.  I assume it is the quality of the PDF itself.  Have you looked at it directly?  Outside endnote? 

Leanne, the answer to your question would be Yes because the screenshot is not even of EndNote!

Thank you for your question. Yes I looked directly into Adobe Reader and Preview, and it works fine. Please see Attachments.

Good point ellell,

sleandrousa,  

It appears that you are looking at at the refs in “Sente”?

@ellell wrote:

Leanne, the answer to your question would be Yes because the screenshot is not even of EndNote!

It was a mistake with my attachment. Endnote X5 shows the same problem. please see this attachment.

I suspect it has something to do with the size of the PDF that is visualized.  If you increase from 104% to 200% does the part visible improve?  I have my PDF visualization turned off (although I can’t find a PDF as old is the one you show, or as drastically affected by the size).  The fact that both Sente and X5 show similar problems, I would view the PDF directly which means turning off the PDF visualization in the endnote preferences. 

Thanks Leane, but I have tried this options already without sucess. I’ve tried PDF’s from newer documents and it works fine. If you think of something please let me know.

See this update which appears to be due to the rendering of documents were created using JPEG2000 by Endnote. 

This was my new thread. Thanks anyway.

I know, I just wanted others who find this thread to know too.  linking the this “unresolved” to the new discussion…