Endnote inserting an unwanted heading into word document

Hi everyone

I have been using Endnote x2 for a couple of years now and have found it to be a really valuable tool. Recently, without me making any changes to my style template, it has started to insert the heading “References” at the top of my reference list in Word. How can I get rid of this? I can’t see anywhere in the edit output style function to edit the title, and I would much rather use the title options in Word as I can link them into my headings, indexes etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

MJAM

If you “format bibliography” and go to the layout tab, there is a section to insert a title for the bibliography.  I never use it and don’t like it.  Too little control over what it looks like and where it goes. 

Delete it there and reformat and it should disappear. 

Is that under Edit / Output Styles / Edit [style name] … then down the bar on the side Bibliography / Layout.

I have checked down that route but it only seems to have options here for “start/end each reference with…” and hanging indents. Am I looking in the right place?

No - it is in word, the endnote  “format Bibliography” tool–

for futher instructions, check out the help in endnote:

Format Bibliography command> word which describes how to access it for each version of word. 

that help file starts:

Word 2003 : From the Tools menu in Word, go to the EndNote X4 submenu and select Format Bibliography.

Word 2007and 2010 : On the EndNote tab, in the Bibliography group, click the bottom corner arrow.

Found it! Brilliant  - thank you!