Endnote local sync library status doesn't match with online sync library status

Hi,

My endnote local sync library status doesn’t match with online sync library status, how can we see with a pic attached. More: the folder “[orçamento] beyond budget (BBRT)” doesn’t match (or sync) local with online. I tried change the name of the folder. Nothing happens.

Thx!

1 Like

I can’t see the difference albeit the PDFs without content are in a different order?  Are there not 88 records online?  – (you are only viewing 50/page I believe, online).  Make sure there isn’t another subfolder with the same name in another groupset, as they could be merged?   

Hi Leanne,

The image sync details shows 8.211 in local sync and 8.212 in online sync. Worst: yesterday, I tried to sync this computer (I have other notebook that is “OK” sync details) and when I sync, the number of local sync is up and up going like a crazy (please, see the images attached). Like keep downloading same reference endless.

It’s a very strange behaviour. What’s going on? Can you help me, please?? The online sync (image attached) is OK!

Please, don’t tell that I have to re-download the entire library again!

Thanks!

Hi Leanne,

This is image of correct online sync: 8.231 references.

Why the desktop keep adding references like a crazy??

Thanks!

I recommend you contact (call if at all possible)  tech support on this.  www.endnote.com/support 

I am just another user and can’t explain this behaviour at all.  

What’s the number of the support? I’m in Brazil!

Worst scenario: the notebook desktop local library doesn’t sync too!

Stop in ‘retriving account info…’

What I do??

Hi,

How I said, the notebook desktop library doesn’t sync with online library.

See the image that I attached. I make the appointements there.

Please, don’t tell that I have to recreate my entire library, please!!!

Thanks

Hi,

How I said, the notebook desktop library doesn’t sync with online library.

See the image that I attached. I make the appointements there (where the 1984-Constituição Econômica reference??)

Please, don’t tell that I have to recreate my entire library, please!!!

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Actually, sometimes, EndNote doesn’t stop in “retriving accout information…”. Apparently, it complete the process. But very fast, “retriving group sets” and "retriving references… but nothing. The result is the same: there change in files that I made in Desktop that doesn’t appear in Online (see ‘Endnote local doesn’t sync with online (folder with 26 references.jpg’ image above please).

Thanks,

I don’t know who you call from Brazil – I am surprised an Endnote moderator hasn’t reached out to you. – but have you tried going thru the support web contact at  http://www.endnote.com/support if you don’t have a phone number??? 

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for your support. I’m really surprising with two things:

1. Syncing is a basic fuction , right? How this could be possible? I use EndNote for three years and this never happened. I have almost 10,000 references. I will not RE-SYNC again. I do this last week and took me many hours. I’m at the end of the semester, having to deliver several scientific papers. I use it, I trust EndNote. But he can not screw me up at that hour!
  2. I am surprised an Endnote moderator hasn’t reached out to me TOO!!

One more time, thanks!

1 Like