Endnote Reference Style edit for ACS journal

Hello there,

I have difficulty in editing the reference style according to the ACS Journals.

When I used style for ACS Appl Mater Interface in word 2010, references in the manuscript appear as follows:

1. Kim, A. B.; Chay, C. D.; Walter, E. R., Effect of concentration on…electrodes. J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 11 (25), 12045–12048.

But according to journal requirement, the reference should appear as follows:

1. Kim, A. B.; Chay, C. D.; Walter, E. R. Effect of concentration on…electrodes. J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 11, 12045–12048.

The comma “,” after the last author need to be omitted.

The issue “(25)” need to be omitted.

Would appreciate for help.

Thanks and Regards,

I edited the version of the output style downloaded from Endnote.com to comply with your example.  This is relatively easy to do.  I removed all trailing Author punctuation and deleted the (Issue) from the Journal template in the Bibliography section of the style. I also tweaked the position of some the link adjacent and separation characters, as they were inconsistent in the journal template.   It is attached.  Let me know if it works as expected.  

ACS Applied Materials Interfaces 2015 update.ens (22.7 KB)

1 Like

Many many thanks!!!

@leanne wrote:

I edited the version of the output style downloaded from Endnote.com to comply with your example.  This is relatively easy to do.  I removed all trailing Author punctuation and deleted the (Issue) from the Journal template in the Bibliography section of the style. I also tweaked the position of some the link adjacent and separation characters, as they were inconsistent in the journal template.   It is attached.  Let me know if it works as expected.  

There is little change in title of  the references is need.

Journal reqires that the first letter of words in title should be capital except for the transition words like “to”, “for” “that” “the” etc.

I am wondering if it possible or not.

Headline style titles.

ACS Applied Materials Inter2015 update HL.ens (22.7 KB)

1 Like