Endnote template messed up?


I closed a docx file from word where I was inserting some references from endnote. When I opened it again, my text is deeply messed up and instead of the references inside the text I a have something like a huge block of html-like code (can’t post it here as the forum won’t allow it for some reason).

I’ve tried to re-install Endnote and Word, to no avail. 

I’m using Endnote 9.0.0 and Office 2007.

Any ideas on what might be the problem and how to solve it?


Ok, sometimes a little reading goes very far.

I’ve found the answer at http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq12.asp

Any ideas why this suddently happened? I made no changes to the config of any of the programs.

You may have inadvertantly hit alt F9.  It is the only think I can figure when it happens to me.  alt f9 will also reverse it back to conventional view with out going into the menus. 

Thank you for sorting this out. I managed to answer my own question on this forum last time but it took me all day. Suddenly opened my thesis today and it looked horrible!! However it looked OK in reading view on Word 2007 so guessed it wasn’t the end of the world. Thankfully found your post and it saved me hours so thanks. On both occasions when Word 2007 and Endnote have gone mad I have no idea why as it was working only hours before - maybe I pressed F9 by accident like the other poster said…