EndNote Web, CWYW, MS Word 2016 Mac and com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist

I have Mac OSX 10.11.3 El Capitan installed, MS Word 2016 version 15.19.1 (160212). I only use EndNote Web (granted access through my institution), and DO NOT have Endnote installed on my Mac. I recently installed (on Feb 23rd 2016) the most recent version of CWYW (on their website). The installation was successful, and I can cite with no problems. However, every time I open MS Word 2016, a finder window opens up with the following
“EndNote needs access to the file named “com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist”. Select this file to grant access”

Alas, the file is nowhere to be found. The only solutions I found on web require me to have EndNote installed, which for me is not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

A standalone version of the mentioned plist preference file can be downloaded from the following knowledgebase article:

http://endnote.com/kb/138936

I downloaded the single plist file and placed it in the preferences folder. 

When I reopen word and am prompted, i go to the folder and grant access.  But it says:
"That is not the correct file. Please select file ‘/Users/TWW/Library/Preferences/com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist’

Please help!

Greetings taiwu,

The mentioned EndNote .plist preference file downloaded from our website would initially be stored within a .zip file.  To confirm, did you place the downloaded .zip file within your Preferences folder, or did you extract the .plist file and place that inside of Preferences?

Please let me know what you find.