EndNote X1 - Loading volume license problems

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had any problems loading the EndNote X1 volume license?  We tried 3 different computers with the operating system - Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 1 laptop that is operating Vista.  On the computers running XP, the CD just seemed to stall in the searching for memory space operation.  We got a little farther with the computer running Vista but were unable to run the license file that allowed us to load the program.  We had the product key information, so I think we had everything we needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cindy

Cynthia L. Koman

Serials Librarian

Schaffer Library of Health Sciences

Albany Medical College

Albany, NY 12205

komanc@mail.amc.edu

Hello,

Are you using a CD that you created?  Does that CD contain both the .msi installer and the license.dat file in the same folder?

If you copy both the .msi installer and the license.dat file onto the computer and then run the installer do you have the same issue?

Make sure that you are logged in as an Admin and that all anti-virus software is disabled before you begin the install. 

Hi Peter,

I am using the original CD.  What does it mean to be logged as an Admin?  An Admin. for our institution or an Admin. for ISI?  I had two people try it who have Admin. rights for our institution and it didn’t work.

Cindy

Cynthia L. Koman

Serials Librarian

Albany Medical College

Hello again,

The Volume License version of EndNote requires that a license.dat file be generated.  Then the .msi installer file and the license.dat file need to be in the same directory.  The commercial CD does not contain a license.dat file and you would not be able to install EndNote as a volume license directly from the commercial CD.

When I say you would need to be logged in as an Admin, I mean an Administrator for the computer you are trying to install EndNote on.

If you are still having problems installing the volume license version of EndNote, I would recommend you contact Technical Support directly at:

http://www.endnote.com/support/entechform.asp