Endnote x301 and Word 2003

Hi,

I have 2 issues:

1. I have Endnote X02 already on the workstation.

When I install Endnote X3 and then run Endnote X3, then Word 2003 can communicate with Endnote X3.

When I install Endnote X3 followed immediately by Endnote X301, then run Endnote X301. In Word 2003, I go to Tools Endnote X3 and Go to Endnote X3, I then get server execution failed. How do I solve this?

(I have installed Endnote X3 using msiexec and running ENX3Inst.msi and then applied Endnote X301 via ENX301Patch.msp)

1. On working installations of Endnote X301 (ie where Endnote X02 is not on the workstation already), when I go to Word 2003 and Tools Templates and Addins and select Endnote Cwyw.dot, it says for example C:…\Endnote\Templates.2416\Endnote Cwyw.dot. Can anyone tell me the full path location here? Note the number varies and may not be 2416 necessarily.

Thanks,

Paul

Figured out location for 2) is c:\documents and settings\logged in username\local settings\temp\endnote\templates.number where number changes every time you run up Word 2003.

Under Tools templates and Addins, it has Endnote Cwyw.dot appearing 2 times (one box which is ticked which is the above location) and a 2nd box which is not ticked which is

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\13

Every time I close Word 2003, it deletes c:\documents and settings\logged in username\local settings\temp\endnote\templates.number and then when I run Word 2003, it creates a new one c:\documents and settings\logged in username\local settings\temp\endnote\templates.number with a different number.

Should it not always pick up

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ResearchSoft\Cwyw\13\Endnote Cwyw.dot instead?