Endnote X5 desktop & RefMan 12 on same computer?

Just curious - can we put Endnote X5 desktop & RefMan 11 or 12 on the same computer? (Including their toolbars.) Does everything still work with importing and the toolbars?

Thanks!

Sarah

I think so, based on this FAQ on the RefMan website…

http://www.refman.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq31.asp

It seems to be working at my institution: Windows 7, EndNote X5, Ref Man 12, and Word 2010

Dear Sarahcn,

I use Word 2007 pro plus  and  windows 7 pro on an Optiplex GX 620 (Dell) with a Pentium D and 4 GB  and German Settings. At first I installed ENX5 and the CWYW appeared as wished in menu. After the installation of RM 12 and update via patch, I noted the disppearance of EN X5 extension., I received a security alert (Screenshot 12a).

Explanation:

The macros menu  will receive the confirmation of the macros activation concerning EN X5 and RM 12 in order to start the programs. The security alert was started from MS Word 2007 because the verisign certificate was valid til 2009 and Word doesn ´t trust  T.R. software two years later!!

After confirmation (T.R software can be trusted) (see screenshot 12b ) the EN X5 and RM 12 CWYW extensions can be seen (Screeshot 2) in  Word 2007 pro plus

The extension of EN X5 and RM12 started and worked very well.

According to Leanne, one can read the FAQ about RM 12 and EN Xxx too.

Feedback wished

TRENSOFTY

Dear Leanne,

I send you a copy as info about the question of SarahCN. Please see the screenshots.

With best regards

TRENSOFTY

TRENSOFTY Post   (Copy)

Dear Sarahcn,

I use Word 2007 pro plus  and  windows 7 pro on an Optiplex GX 620 (Dell) with a Pentium D and 4 GB  and German Settings. At first I installed ENX5 and the CWYW appeared as wished in menu. After the installation of RM 12 and update via patch, I noted the disppearance of EN X5 extension., I received a security alert (Screenshot 12a).

Explanation:

The macros menu  will receive the confirmation of the macros activation concerning EN X5 and RM 12 in order to start the programs. The security alert was started from MS Word 2007 because the verisign certificate was valid til 2009 and Word doesn ´t trust  T.R. software two years later!!

After confirmation (T.R software can be trusted) (see screenshot 12b ) the EN X5 and RM 12 CWYW extensions can be seen (Screeshot 2) in  Word 2007 pro plus

The extension of EN X5 and RM12 started and worked very well.

According to Leanne, one can read the FAQ about RM 12 and EN Xxx too.

Feedback wished

Dear Fitz-m,

I corroborate  your findings with Word 2007 pro plus and word 2010 pro plus. Please see my post (answer to SarahCN).

I join a screenshot  12b about the 2 extensions.

With best regards

TRENSOFTY

Ok, thanks everyone very much! This is helpful.

Sarah

Dear SarahCN,

thank you for your feedback concerning our answers. Can you send me a screenshot of your " EN and RM peacefull coexistence " on your computer in due course.

Thank you in advance

TRENSOFTY

Sorry Trensofty, I am not sure when we will actually go ahead and install RefMan and Endnote on the same computer. It may not be for months.

I’ve got this one.

Attached is a Word 2007 screenshot of the two Cite While You Write toolsets co-existing.

However, it should be noted that the original shipping version (12.0.0) of Reference Manager doesn’t support this.

You’ll want to make sure you’ve updated Reference Manager 12 to “12.0.3”, with it’s improved Cite While You Write functions.

http://www.refman.com/support/rm1203update.asp

Thanks!
Steve

Thanks SteveH!

Sarah

Dear SteveH,

a good T.R. betatester and RM12 user must update his software. You are right and the screenshot shows the version updated to 12.03.

Thanks for your answer.

Another question still without answer!!

Can you explain the disappearance of the Palm and PocketPC extension in EN X5? Thank you in advance for your answer.

best regards

TRENSOFTY

RM12.03SteveH.JPG